The Black Account is for RBS Private customers.
If you're not a RBS Private customer yet, you can still apply for our Black Account to become one, but you need to have a minimum sole income of £100,000 that will be paid into your RBS account. You're also eligible if you have minimum outstanding RBS mortgage borrowings of £300,000, or savings and investments of at least £100,000 held with us.
You must also be aged 18 or over and permanently resident in the UK.
All these extras for £24 a month
Our 2014 5* Defaqto rated UK & Worldwide Travel Insurance can help you relax when you're away. It's an annual policy too!
Extra long cover – for trips of up to 90 days and 31 days for winter sports
Family protection – includes you and your partner, plus any dependent children under age 18 at the start of the journey, or under 23 if they’re in full-time education. Children must also be living at the home address (or with the other parent), unmarried and not entered into a Civil Partnership. Conditions apply.
No upper age limit - There's no need to pay an extra premium because of your age.
Cover may be refused or there may be an additional charge or exclusion for an existing medical condition. The account holder or anybody linked to them who may have an existing medical condition must get in touch as soon as possible before travelling as medical screening may be required.
Exclusions apply, for example car hire cover.
With Priority Pass™ you have unlimited access to over 700 VIP airport lounges around the world. You can also bring travel guests, for a payment of £15 each.
- We'll automatically send you membership card to Priority Pass™ in the post when you open or upgrade to a Black Account
- Make sure you visit the Priority Pass website before you travel
- You will need your membership card to gain access to lounges. If you have a joint account and are travelling with the other account holder, both account holders will need to have their individual membership cards with them.
Your money goes further when you use the Black Travel Service. You'll receive discounts on:
Selected holidays – Up to 10% discount from a number of major tour operators including Thomas Cook and Virgin Holidays
Amenities – 10% discount on airport parking, airport hotels, car hire, transfers and tickets for attractions abroad e.g. theme parks.
You will not incur additional charges - such as credit card or booking fees.
As a Black Account customer, you can also enjoy:
- Preferential exchange rates on our Travel Money
- Complimentary delivery directly to your home or any RBS branch
Your Travel Money order value must be at least £100 to qualify for preferential exchange rates and complimentary home delivery. The maximum order for a single transaction is £2,500. The maximum order in any 60 day period is £5,000.
Our 24/7 Black Concierge Service can help you with:
- Getting your hands on hard-to-get theatre tickets or booking a table at a top restaurant anywhere in the World
- Recommending and securing a special gift for any occasion, even gift-wrapped if you need it
- Booking an executive car
- Creating that trip of a lifetime
Receive 25% cashback – based on the normal face value price of the ticket, including some Premier League football matches, Wimbledon, British Open Golf & more; available for up to four events a year within the UK and Ireland (Up to six tickets per event)
You can’t resell your discounted tickets. You can order more than six, but you will pay full price for any additional tickets.
5* Defaqto Mobile Phone Insurance
- Covers up to four phones for you, your partner and/or phones of your children under 18 years old who live at home with you (under 23 years old if they are still in full time education and living at home with you outside of term time)
- Unlimited cover of handset retail value for theft, loss or damage and unauthorised use up to £2,500 for contract phones and £100 for pay-as-you-go phones (inc. VAT). Covers up to £250 worth of accessories too.
- You can make four successful claims during any 12 month period. £75 per claim
- Cover starts as soon as your account is open
- Register your handset to make the claims process quicker for you
- If your phone is lost or stolen, you must contact your network provider within 24 hours. You should also report it to the police and get a crime reference number
- Replacement phones delivered within 24 hours of your claim being accepted (if you are abroad we will replace the phone on your return to the UK)
- You must tell us about any claim within 60 days of discovering the theft, loss, damage or breakdown
Cannot serve request to /content/rbs_co_uk/en_uk/personal/current-accounts/compare-current-accounts/black-account.html on this server
ApacheSling/2.2 (Day-Servlet-Engine/4.1.42, Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM 1.7.0_21, Linux 2.6.18-308.13.1.el5 amd64)