Give your savings a tax free lift
Time is running out to make the most of your 2016/2017 ISA allowance of up to £15,240.
The tax year ends on Wednesday 5th April so you need to act before this date to open an ISA account for the 2016/2017 tax year.
Our Instant Access ISA lets you:
- Access your money instantly – there are no withdrawal penalties, so you can take money out whenever you want
- Save your way – either in a lump sum, by standing order or simply pay in when you want to
- Maximise your cash ISA allowance – save from £1 up to £15,240 in the 2016/2017 tax year up to 5th April 2017.
- Transfers in – bring all your cash ISAs together in one place
- Watch your savings grow – interest is calculated daily and paid annually on the first business day in April
- Manage your account – Online, Mobile, in branch or by phone
What you should know
- The interest rate is variable, so it can go up as well as down
- Interest is paid annually
- Once you've paid in your full year's cash ISA allowance, you can't replace any money you've withdrawn in the same tax year
Please note: You will need your National Insurance number during the application.
AER/Tax-free p. a. (variable)
Annual Equivalent Rate (AER). This is a notional rate used for interest bearing accounts which illustrates the interest rate if paid and compounded each year. It helps you to compare the effective rates of credit interest on different accounts.
Tax-free interest means interest payable is exempt from UK income tax.
Mobile Banking. Should you decide you would like the added option to easily manage your Instant Access cash ISA with our app, you can download the app here. It's easy to set up and top-up through the app. Functionality to open a cash ISA is only available on iPhone and Android. Mobile Banking is available on selected smartphones to Royal Bank of Scotland personal account customers, with Digital Banking, a debit card, and a UK mobile number.
These handy documents contain everything you need to know about our instant access Cash ISA.