International student bank account
About our International Student account
An account especially for international students that have lived in the UK less than 3 years
Choose 1 of 3 great offers; a tastecard, Amazon Prime Student membership or National Express Coachcard
Tap and pay with your phone using Apple Pay and Google Pay™
£10 monthly account fee
You need to be 17+ and currently live in the UK. You need to have lived in the UK for less than 3 years. Apply online only.
Study details: You need to either be a full time undergraduate student (on at least a 2 year course at a UK University/College) or you must be completing a full time postgraduate or nursing course lasting a year or more. You may apply within 6 months of your course start date.
Choose 1 of 3 offers
1 - tastecard
2 - Amazon Prime Student
How to apply online
Start your application online
Provide your ID documents
Show us you're a student
Pick your offer and start using your account
Get ready to apply
Before you apply, we need to check you're happy with a few things. And ask you a few questions up front. Then we can make your application as quick and simple as it can be.
First things first. You can apply if you:
- currently live in the UK and have lived here for less than 3 years
- are completing a full time undergraduate course that lasts at least 2 years or completing a full time postgraduate course; or
- are training as a nurse at a UK university or college of higher education.
Now please take a look at the important legal info
If you carry on applying, it means you're happy with what's in these documents, including the FSCS information sheet. And happy to view your statements in Digital Banking - not posted. Please take some time to review, print and/or save the important information.
You’re all set
You’ll need a few bits of info for your application:
- If you're from the EU you'll need a EU passport, EU ID card or EU Drivers Licence and proof of your Student Status
- If you're from outside of the EU you'll need a passport and student VISA, and a Biometric Resident Permit and proof of your Student Status