The value of investments, and the income from them, can fall as well as rise, and you may not get back the full amount you invest. Any tax efficiencies referred to are those applying under current legislation, which may change.
Child Trust Fund
If you were born between the 1 September 2002 and 2nd January 2011 there is a possibility you were entitled to a Child Trust Fund (CTF). This is a long term, tax-free children’s savings account set up by the Government. The money was invested in a tax-efficient fund in the your name, and could not be withdrawn until you reached the age of 18.
The Child Trust Fund is invested in the RBS Stakeholder Fund that is managed by the experts at Coutts & Co.
Manage your Child Trust Fund online
You can now register and manage your Child Trust Fund maturity through our online portal. Before starting your registration please ensure you have the following to hand:
- Your Child Trust Fund reference number
- A valid email address
- A smartphone
- The Google Authenticator App
- Your identification documents
If you are unsure about what identification documents you can provide please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions below.
Frequently asked questions
Your maturity options
If you're turning 18 soon, we’ll write to you 6 weeks before your 18th birthday with more information about the next steps. We will also provide you with a form that you can use to select your preferred maturity option.
Before selecting your option
- We can only accept an instruction from the account holder and can only pay the money into a UK current or savings account in the same name. You'll need to confirm your ID when selecting your maturity option.
- If you do not currently have an eligible account, you can set one up with most high street banks, building societies, credit unions and the Post Office.
- Before you decide where to put your money, we have provided some pointers which may help you decide which option works best for your circumstances.
Current accounts OpenClose
Unsure what to choose?
Whether you are looking to action a specific need or simply want the peace of mind that your finances are in good shape we offer a free financial health check to discuss your needs and goals.
If you would like to learn more about finances as well as financial wellbeing you can also visit our MoneySense page, where we offer a free financial education programme for 5-18-year olds. With fun activities, games and resources that help teach you about money.
Other ways to get in touch
If you've not selected your maturity option at least 7 working days before the maturity date, we'll automatically transfer your CTF savings into our adult ISA.
Write to us
Royal Bank of Scotland CTF, PO Box 915, Newport, NP20 9PF
You can call us on 0345 604 4500 - Relay UK: 18001 0345 604 4500.
The lines are open: Monday to Friday 9:00am – 5.30pm (excluding bank holidays) Calls may be recorded.
Additional information about your Child Trust Fund
- RBS Stakeholder Fund
Who was the Child Trust Fund for?
- For every child born on or after 1 September 2002 until 2nd January 2011, where the parent was eligible for Child Benefit
Quick fund facts
- Launched: 2005
- Currency: GBP
- Minimum investment: £50
- Management company: RBS Collective Investment Funds Limited
The objective of this fund to provide an increase in value over the long term. The majority of the return will reflect income received with some potential for capital appreciation.
This long term asset mix is made up of 55% Equity, 43% Bonds and 2% Cash. This fund is passively managed.
Closed to new customers however existing customers are able to make additional investments.
Check the performance of the Child_fund_name
Compare child fund names with:
Download useful documents for this fund
Why not manage your Investment online
You can top up a Child Trust Fund and update your details online.
If you have not yet registered to use this service you can do so by clicking below: