Using Apple Pay with TFL services
Apple Pay is now even faster and easier on TFL services
Paying with Apple Pay on TfL is now faster and easier than ever. You no longer need to use Face ID or Touch ID to pay with your Royal Bank debt or credit card on iPhone and Apple Watch.
Add your debit or credit card to Apple Wallet first
Add your Royal Bank of Scotland debit or credit card to Apple Pay.
Setup is really easy.
Here’s how to get started using your iPhone:
- Open the Wallet app.
- Tap the “+” sign in the top-right corner.
Here's how to get started using your Apple Watch:
- Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Tap “Wallet & Apple Pay” and select “Add Credit or Debit Card.”
Enter your card’s security code to add the credit or debit card affiliated with your iTunes account. Or, select “Add a different card,” and use your iPhone camera to scan the card information.
Selecting your Royal Bank of Scotland card for TFL Express Mode
Choose your Royal Bank debit or credit card as your default for TFL journeys on Apple Pay.
How to set up with your iPhone and Apple Watch:
- Open the Settings on your iPhone or Apple Watch.
- Tap “Wallet & Apple Pay” and select “Express Transit Card.”
- Choose your Royal Bank card.
- Confirm the card with Touch or Face ID.
- Once you've confirmed your card with TFL services once, you will no longer need to use Touch or Face ID to make your payment.
How to pay using Apple Pay?
Pay quicker than ever before with your Royal Bank debit or credit card using Apple Pay by simply holding your iPhone or Apple Watch over the yellow card readers on TFL.
There’s no need to open an app, or use Touch ID or Face ID.