Tailored insurance to protect your world
Your home and its contents deserve our most comprehensive level of cover. That’s why we include accidental damage cover as standard and offer specialist cover for valuable items such as fine art, jewellery and antiques without needing to list items under £10,000.
Cover highlights OpenClose
Amendments or cancellation
Get in touch
An update on Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Our colleagues in contact centres are working incredibly hard in difficult circumstances. Please only call us if it’s absolutely essential, this will allow us to focus on those customers who need us most at this time.
Please only call if:
- You have an urgent claim.
- You’re worried about not being able to pay your instalments, as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. Find out what to do next here.
- Your policy is due to renew in the next week and you haven’t opted for auto-renewal. If you have opted for auto-renewal, please make sure your insurance still meets your needs.
If you are concerned about the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on your home insurance, U K Insurance Limited (the underwriters of your policy) have a dedicated help and support hub.
We could help if you're struggling to make your insurance payments because of Coronavirus (COVID-19)
If you're finding it difficult to pay your monthly insurance payments as a result of Coronavirus, there are a few different ways we could help you. We can review your levels of cover, change your payment dates or organise a payment deferral.
Before requesting a payment deferral, please read the important information below to make sure you're fully aware of the impact on your insurance.
- A payment deferral allows you to stop paying your insurance payments for an agreed period of time and if agreed, it won’t have any negative impact on your credit rating.
- When your monthly payments start again after the deferral, the amount that has been "missed" will be spread over your remaining instalments.
- We will not charge any additional interest to you so the total amount you pay will not increase as a result.
- Payment deferrals should only be used when absolutely necessary, the remaining cost of your insurance policy will still be due, but will be paid for over a shorter period.
Agreed payment deferrals will not have a negative impact on your credit score, but if you fail to make the payments after the agreed deferral period it could negatively impact your credit score and could impact your ability to secure credit for a policy in the future (if applicable).
What should I do next?
If you're struggling financially then please call us and we’ll see what we can do to help. Please don’t cancel any payments or direct debits through your bank as this can affect your policy with us and may have a negative impact on your credit rating.
Royal Bank of Scotland Premier Home Insurance Team
Call: 0345 246 2109
(Minicom: 0800 404 6161)
Royal Bank of Scotland Premier Insurance is underwritten by U K Insurance Limited.