Why save in a cash ISA?
The tax-free way to saveAlready have an ISA?
Our cash ISAs
Which cash ISA is right for me?
Our Instant Access ISA lets you:
- Access your money instantly - there are no withdrawal penalties, so you can take money out whenever you want
- Save your way - either in a lump sum, by standing order or simply pay in when you want to
- Maximise your cash ISA allowance - save from £1 up to £20,000 in the 2017/2018 tax year up to 5 April 2018
- Transfers in - bring all your cash ISAs together in one place
- Watch your savings grow - interest is calculated daily and paid annually on the first business day in April
- Manage your account - online, on your mobile, in branch or by phone
What you should know:
- The interest rate is variable, so it can go up as well as down
- Interest is paid annually
- Once you've paid in your full year's cash ISA allowance, you can't replace any money you've withdrawn in the same tax year
You will need your National Insurance number during the application.
|Balance||Tax-free p.a./AER (variable)|
Interest is paid on a tiered basis which means you’ll earn one rate on your entire account balance.
Interest is calculated daily and paid into your account annually on the first business day in April and at account closure
Fixed Rate ISA
If you have a minimum deposit of £1,000, and you’re happy to leave your money untouched for a while, a Fixed Rate ISA might be better for you.
This type of cash ISA offers a fixed rate of interest for either one or two years.
The longer the term you choose, the higher the interest rate will be.
Application deadline 20th November 2017 – this is a limited offer and may be withdrawn at any time
|Transfer in||Term||Minimum Balance||AER/Tax-free p.a. (fixed)|
|✓||1 Year||£1,000 - £24,999||0.80%|
|✓||1 Year||£25,000 +||0.85%|
|✓||2 Years||£1,000 - £24,999||0.90%|
|✓||2 Years||£25,000 +||0.95%|
Interest is calculated daily and paid into your account annually on the first business day in April and on maturity. The Fixed Rate ISA start date is 11th December 2017. Up until the start date interest will be paid at the same interest rate as during your term. Partial withdrawals are not permitted. Early closure will result in an early closure charge.
Key ISA Definitions
Annual Equivalent Rate (AER) – this is a notional rate used for interest bearing accounts, which illustrates the interest rate if paid and compounded each year. It helps you to compare the effective rates of credit interest on different accounts.
Tax-free interest means interest payable is exempt from UK income tax.