How to report fraud
If you think you've been a victim of fraud, here's how to report it to us.
Bank account fraud
Have you noticed unusual transactions?
If you think you've been a victim of payment fraud or noticed transactions or payments to a shop, company or online store you don't recognise, you can report it to us on the following numbers:
- Calling 0800 161 5150 (Monday to Friday 8-8, Saturday 8-6 and Sunday 9-5)
- Outside of these hours call 0370 600 0459, and from outside the UK call (0044) 125 230 8047. You can reverse the charges on calls from abroad through the international operator when calling from a landline
- Calls may be recorded
Or by contacting one of our branches.
Credit card fraud
Report fraud on personal and business credit cards
You can report credit card fraud to us using the following numbers:
- For RBS personal credit cards, call 0800 161 5153 (24 hours a day)
- From outside the UK, call (0044) 126 850 8020 (24 hours a day). You can reverse the charges on calls from abroad through the international operator when calling from a landline
- For RBS business credit cards, call 0800 161 5164 (24 hours a day)
- From outside the UK, call (0044) 126 850 8019 (24 hours a day). You can reverse the charges on calls from abroad though the international operator when calling from a landline
- Calls may be recorded
Suspicious emails and scams
Let us know about suspected scams
If you have received a fraudulent or suspicious email which you have not responded to, please forwad the email to email@example.com. If you have responded to the email, please call the Online Fraud Team on 0800 161 5154. Calls may be recorded.
Remember, if an offer seems too good to be true, it usually is - don't respond to any unsolicited communication. Always report any suspected scams to Action Fraud.
How we contact you
We are committed to protecting our customers
Our detection system looks out for unusual patterns on your account, and if we notice anything of concern, we may contact you using our automated system or an operator to help protect you against fraud.
If you receive a call or voicemail from us about your bank account or debit card, please call us back on 0800 023 4540 as soon as possible (calls may be recorded). If we do not hear from you we may send a letter asking you to contact us.
To help us in our fight against fraud, please ensure that all your contact details are accurate and up to date.