Want help using our Mobile app or Digital Banking?
Join a Digital Lesson and learn how to check your balance, make payments, manage your Direct Debits all from your home, plus much more. Criteria applies.
Setting up and using Apple Pay
Discover an easier way to pay
Apple Pay lets you make secure, contactless payments with Apple devices such as iPhone, Apple Watch, iPad and Mac both instore and online.
Use Apple Pay to make purchases in all kinds of apps. Pay for a train ride, a pizza delivery or a new pair of trainers with the devices you carry every day. Checking out is fast, simple and secure. No need to hunt for your wallet or purse.
Your step-by-step guide:
If you have the app, and use iPhone 6 or above:
Log in to the app, making sure you have the latest version downloaded
On iPhone go to ‘Profile’ > ‘Manage my card’ > Tap the ‘Add to Wallet’ button and follow the on-screen instructions
If you have an Apple Watch linked to your phone, you will be able to select the option on-screen to add the card to your Apple Watch.
Once complete, your card will be available for use within the Apple Wallet.
Another way to add your card:
This step will change depending on which model of Apple device you are using
- On iPhone open Wallet and tap the 'Plus' icon in the upper-right corner.
- On iPad go to 'Settings' > 'Wallet' > 'Apple Pay' > 'Add Card'
- For Apple Watch, go to the Apple Watch app on your iPhone and tap 'Wallet & Apple Pay' > 'Add Card'
- For a Mac with Touch ID go to ‘System Preferences’ > ‘Wallet & Apple Pay’ > ‘Add Card’
- For a Mac without built-in Touch ID, you'll need to complete the purchase using an eligible iPhone or Apple Watch. Head to Wallet & Apple Pay in 'Settings' or the Watch app and make sure Allow Payments on Mac is selected
If you have a Royal Bank of Scotland credit or debit card registered with iTunes, the details will be retrieved from iTunes. You can proceed to add this card, or you can choose to add a new card.
The Royal Bank of Scotland will verify your information and may ask for more information. Once you have this simply go back to Wallet and tap your card.