Get the proper uni essentials
A student bank account that offers more
Choose between 1 of 3 great offers from either an Amazon Prime Student membership, National Express Coachcard or tastecard
Apply for a £500 arranged student overdraft for Term one, and have the option to increase up to £2000
Make payments under £30 quickly with your contactless Visa Debit card
Like all of our current accounts, you can use Apple Pay and Google Pay™ for payments with your phone, and Paym, to send money securely with just a telephone number and our mobile banking app
Apply online only. You must be 17+ living in the UK. You must either be a full time undergraduate student on at least a 2 year course at a UK University/College or you must be completing a full time postgraduate or nursing course lasting a year or more. You need to be 18 or over and have lived in the UK for 3+ years to apply for an Overdraft. Prime Student is a service provided by Amazon.co.uk. Amazon.co.uk is not a sponsor of this promotion. See full eligibility.
Choose your offer
Choose 1 of our 3 great offers to make student life just that little bit easier.
Take a look at the offers below. After you open your account you can choose your favourite.
Easy to use Mobile Banking app
Mobile banking app in detail
So what makes our mobile banking app so good? You can...
- Easily transfer money between accounts
- Log in with your fingerprint on selected Apple and Android devices.
- Quickly pay flatmates or someone new using their mobile number (as long as they have our mobile app or are registered for Paym). Limits apply.
- Get cash without your card. If you’ve left without your wallet simply go to any NatWest, Royal Bank or Tesco cash machine and follow the steps in the app. You can withdraw up to £130 every 24 hours.
- Give your accounts fun nicknames so you know which one is which
- Personalise your mobile app log in with your own greeting or motivational quote!
More about our Mobile Banking app
The app is available to Digital Banking customers with a UK or international mobile number in specific countries.
Android fingerprint is available on selected Android devices.
TouchID is available on selected Apple devices.
Interest free overdraft
Overdraft in detail
An Overdraft is a short-term way to borrow and can be a really useful way to help you with uni life.
An Arranged Overdraft means we’ve approved extra funds for you, which are available on your current account. You can apply for an Arranged Overdraft within the Student account application form. Or at a later date by visiting Student Overdrafts.
You need to be 18 or over and have lived in the UK for 3+ years to apply for an Overdraft. Overdrafts are not available to International Students.
Contactless Visa Debit card
Are you an International Student?
- You have lived in the UK for less than 3 years
- You have proof of your student status
International student account info
There is a £10 monthly fee for our international student account. It will automatically come out of your account every month.
International students can also choose from one of the following offers:
- Stream movies, box sets and music, plus get unlimited One-Day Delivery on millions of items with a 1-year Prime Student Membership, plus a £10 Amazon.co.uk Gift Card*
- Travel for less with 1/3 off fares with a National Express Coachcard, plus 15% off travel to events and festivals. Valid for 4 years
- Dine for less with 50% off food or 2 for 1 meals at thousands of UK restaurants with tastecard, plus get savings on Cinemas, hotels and more with tastecard+. Valid for 4 years
*Restrictions apply, see www.amazon.co.uk/gc-legal
You can also access our Mobile and Digital Banking and get a debit card. However, this international student account does not come with an overdraft or a contactless debit card.
Our Student bank account is only available online, that means you can apply at your own convenience with no need to book a branch appointment. We will contact you by email if you need to upload any additional documents online.
Ready to apply? Start your application here.
- For EU students - you will need an EU passport, EU ID card and a UCAS or university letter. You can also use an EU driving licence if you don't have a passport or an ID card.
- For non EU nationals - you will need a passport and student VISA, a Biometric Resident Permit and a UCAS or university letter.
To be eligibile for one of the three offers you need to bank with us digitally, that means opening your account online, registering to Digital Banking and selecting paperless statements.
Remember that you will also need to provide us with a valid email address so we can email you with details of how to choose your offer.