Representative 3.9% APR
Taking out a home improvement loan
If you're looking to spruce things up with some DIY, our home improvement loan could help
You'll get a personalised quote at the start of your application before deciding if you want to complete your application
In most cases, you could get your loan on the same day if you use Digital Banking, apply and are unconditionally accepted before 5.45pm Mon - Fri
To apply online, you must be 18+ and a UK resident with a Royal Bank of Scotland current account (held for 3+ months).
Loan repayment terms
Home Improvement loan calculator
The rate you pay depends on your circumstances and loan amount and may differ from the Representative APR. We will never offer you a rate exceeding 29.9% p.a. (fixed), regardless of loan size. This means you're not guaranteed to get the rate you see in the calculator.
Find a little flexibility with our repayment holiday
When you apply for a loan, based on your circumstances, we might give you the opportunity to defer your first repayment.
- It's only available at the start of your loan term
- You can defer your first loan repayment for a three month period
- If this option is available to you, we'll show the details of your repayment holiday during the quote stage of your application
Let's get ready to apply
Before you apply, we need to check you're happy with a few things.
First, you can apply online if you:
- are 18+ and a UK resident with a Royal Bank of Scotland current account (held for 3+ months).
- have not been declared bankrupt in the last 6 years
- have not applied for a personal loan with us within the last 28 days