How do we apply your overpayments?
Your overpayment(s) will be allocated to your mortgage sub account(s) in the same way that your normal monthly payment is split across your sub-accounts.
Example: If 40% of your monthly payment is allocated to sub-account 1, with the remaining 60% allocated to sub-account 2, any overpayments will be split in the same way.
If you wish to change how your overpayment(s) are allocated, please call us using the number at the bottom of the page.
What is the maximum overpayment I can make?
Overpayment restrictions do not apply if you are on a Standard Variable Rate. Depending on the terms for your current mortgage and if you are on a tracker or fixed rate deal, overpaying more than 10% of your outstanding balance in any one year may trigger an Early Repayment Charge. If you are considering overpaying by more than 10% in any one year please call us using the number at the bottom of the page.
How long before the overpayment is applied to my mortgage?
Please allow up to 5 working days for your overpayment to be applied to your mortgage balance and reflected in your Loan to Value.
If you are reducing your balance to enable you to switch to a lower priced deal you should make your overpayment at least 5 working days before your Branch or Telephone appointment with one of our Mortgage Advisers or if using our online execution only service.