Make sure you and your money don’t fall victim.
Ruthless criminals are busy trying to scam people out of their hard-earned money. But, with the help of these simple tips, you can make life as difficult as possible for them.
- Don’t tell anyone your security details
- Don’t assume the person who contacted you is genuine
- Don’t let them rush you
- If you’re suspicious, go with your instincts
- Stay in control
Friends Against Scams
Friends Against Scams aims to prevent people becoming victims of scams. Joining Friends Against Scams will equip you with the knowledge you need to protect yourself from the emotional and financial impact. You’ll learn how to:
- Spot a potential scam and report it
- Avoid becoming a target for scammers
- Find out about new scams so you can take steps to protect yourself
- Have conversations with friends, family and community to share your knowledge and raise your collective awareness
Watch our film to become a Friend Against Scams in just ten minutes.
Take a look at our leaflet for more information about different types of scams and how to report them.
We can quickly let you know about any suspicious activity on your account if we have your current contact details. Check them today and tell us if there have been any changes to your email address or mobile number.